QUICK VIEW - CAMP OPTIONS
Dance Adventures: Ages 3*-5 (3 hrs/day) Optional Extended care
Our magical dance experience becomes a week long adventure. Story dances are the highlight of each day. Once costumes are on, the journey unfolds as dancers are guided through a living story. Imaginary realms continue to be explored acting and singing in musical theater scenes. In addition, campers have free time fun in out gymnastic room with circus equipment, rope swings, and elastic hammocks. Crafts made in our art room help to bring the camp experience home and outdoor time on our new play structure. Bring lunch. Final performance at the end of the week.
* Campers must be potty trained and independent in the restroom
SAMPLE DANCE ADVENTURE DAY SCHEDULE: This schedule varies and flexibility is built in for the needs of each group of campers
- 9:00-9:45 Gym Room time
- 9:45-10:30 Dance Class with new costumed story dance each day
- 10:30-11:15 Craft Time in our Art Room
- 11:15-11:30 Outdoor Fun and lunch
- 11:30-12:00 Dance Games (dance show Friday at 11:30am)
Dance Workshop: Ages 7-12 (4 hrs/day) Optional Extended care
A unique opportunity to explore a variety of dance styles for all levels. Dancers explore hip-hop, gymnastics, contemporary, jazz and ballet. Instruction is carefully tailored to those enrolled. Choreographed pieces allow dancers to refine moves and all are encouraged to create their own routines to apply what they have learned. Free time on gymnastic equipment and play structure. Bare feet or ballet or jazz shoes required. Bring lunch. Showing last day of camp at 3:30pm.
Little Theater Camps: Ages 4-8 (7 hrs/day) Optional Extended care
Voted one of the "Bay Area's Best of the Best" Theater Programs for a reason! This camp gives you a taste of why. Our youngest actors are given the opportunity to participate in a stage performance - and, boy, do they rise to the challenge! The enthusiasm is palatable backstage and on-stage at the end of the week. They make crafts in our art room and have free time in our gym room with circus equipment, rope swings, elastic hammocks and more. The final performance at the end of the week includes costumes, microphones, scenery, props and stage lights. Bring lunch. One snack provided. There will be a performance Friday at 4:00 (Jungle Book) Tickets $2.00 (2 free tickets)
Youth Musical Theater: 3rd-8th (7 hrs/day) Optional Extended care
Time and time again families are blown away by the caliber of our summer program. Everyone is comfortably featured and challenged. This camp is designed for the camper that is ready for a more intensive experience and a higher level of commitment, though no prior experience is required and everyone is welcome. Rehearsals are fast paced escapades. Acting skills, character development, work on accents and dance skills are seamlessly integrated. Believe it or not, we still manage to provide free time fun in our gymnastic room with circus equipment, rope swings, elastic hammocks AND have afternoon crafting with down time to play free choice games. One snack provided. Bring lunch. There will be a performance Friday 7:30pm Tickets $5.00 (2 free tickets)
Oakland CIT (Hours Vary) Optional Extended care
Our CIT program is for older campers (ages 11-16) who are interested in taking on more responsibility and developing leadership skills. CIT's are teamed with an experienced instructor to assist younger campers. Depending on their skill level, they will learn how to instruct blocking, teach choreography, run the light and sound board, costume design and will work backstage during the show. They will help with costume fitting, classroom management, free time / lunch supervision and with crafts. One snack provide. Bring lunch. Campers should plan to help during shows.
See extended care options for specific weeks/camps here: Winter Camp 2017-18.
$10/ hour fee is based on hourly increments with the exception of early care 8:30-9:00. Enrollment link will be emailed to you two weeks prior to camp when camper information is collected.
• Registration after enrollment: Two weeks prior to your child's camp an electronic registration form will be emailed to you. It is very important that this get completed by the weekend before your child's camp begins. It is our means for collecting all emergency contact information, special need requirements, liability releases and it provides vital information that will help make your child's camp experience the best and safest possible. Avoid lengthy check-in delays by completing these forms by the deadline.
• Sibling/Quantity Discount: CAN ONLY BE APPLIED IF REGISTERED THROUGH THE OFFICE. THESE ONLY APPLY TO MULTIPLE CAMPS PURCHASED AT THE SAME TIME. RETROACTIVE DISCOUNTS ARE NOT POSSIBLE. Full price must be paid on first camp and additional camps are 5% off original cost.
• Refunds: There are no refunds for camp registration.
• Exchanges: If your child is ill, you may switch to another camp if space is available with at least 24 hour notice before the start of camp. We will not exchange camp registration for classes into the fall session.
• NO NUT PRODUCTS:Due to the increasing concern for campers with life threatening allergies to peanuts/tree nuts who attend our camps, all families are asked to pack lunches and snacks free of peanuts and tree nuts including those that may have traces of nuts. Please be careful to read labels. If nut products are packed, campers will not be allowed to eat it and an alternative will be provided. Parents will be called if packed food can not be eaten.
• Independence in Restrooms: All campers must be potty trained and self-sufficient in restrooms.